Sunday, March 4, 2012

A New Plan For an Old Ground Hog


For years now, I've been a cynically inclined lurker with this blog, making  comments about conspiracies and  offering opinions about politics and the government. After a long winter's nap, I've decided that it's time to make a change. I may still have the occasional political commentary, but I will make the bulk of my work something new here. As an adult Sunday school teacher in my church, I will begin sharing my lessons with anyone that wants to read or study or offer their thoughts on the content. As a Christian, I find that I'm more and more in need of discussing these things. The Word of God is not something to experience alone. It must be shared. When it's shared, it always seems to provoke a reaction. It makes people think. It can make them angry. It can make them joyous and even sad. But most of all, it is the power of God for salvation of anyone who longs to know Jesus and live forever. So join us as I share these studies. Comment if you like.

Some who are new may wonder, "why a ground hog?" Ground hogs are careful. They observe. They are wise. They know when it's time to go back to the hole and when to fight. In their communities they are reliable. They fight to maintain what is theirs and they stand against the forces of a world that would actively shun them or hurt them or try to destroy them. So join me in the hole if you like. For the next few weeks, we will be studying the Pastoral Epistles (1&2 Timothy and Titus). Let's see where it takes us.

No comments: