Monday, March 12, 2012

Well, This Was Hilarious


There seems to be a new shoe style for women. According to the Orange News:
A German designer has created a bizarre new range of shoes - from dead animal parts.
Iris Schieferstein, 45, spends months creating high heel horse hooves, stilettos from snake skins and sandals sculpted from doves.
Ms Schieferstein, who designed a pair of horse hooves for Lady Gaga, sells the shoes for up to £3,900.
She collects the dead animals from her local butcher in Berlin, then spends a week stripping out the meat and bones from the animal's feet before the skin is sent to a tanner to be preserved.
The sculptor then sets the skin - complete with fur still in place - around a shoe model before doing any needlework to add insoles and lining.
She said: "I love horses and I love shoes so I thought this would be perfect. Horses have a beautiful walk and I wanted to recreate that with my footwear.
Ladies, would you wear a pair of these? It's a strange statement coming from someone that claims to love horses. I'm partial to cow parts, but I don't believe I'd wear a fillet Mignon. I guess I do wear leather though, so to each his own. Even so, I suppose accessorizing these would be a challenge. Ever wonder what happened to Mr. Ed?

I wonder how she'd do chicken feet?
Probably something like this...
Foghorn Leghorn

No comments: