Sunday, February 21, 2016

I Am Of Two Minds..Or Personalities...Or Something

I can probably chock this up to his Alzheimer's, but I think Dad believes I am two different people and I think this may be my fault.

When I get up in the morning, I usually feel pretty good despite my age and all the other things that are wrong with me. I am in a good mood. I'm ready to go squat at Caribou and crank something out for the blog before work. I think the whole morning mood thing has to do with being able to leave and go somewhere else. It's like I am a prisoner on work release and that might be a subject for another blog post.

Anyway, when I come back from work at night, I do not always feel so good and sometimes my mood just sucks. I am cranky, bitchy and whatever else you can think of because people have been yelling at me all day on the phone.  I get the impression that Dad believes that I am someone else. I even heard him mention this to the dog on Friday night. He said, "I wonder which one it will be", as I walked in the house from the garage.

I must seem like Jekyll and Hyde to him, even so, I should have the same appearance only with a few more wrinkles in my clothes. It's hard to believe I am so different that he actually thinks I am two people. Whatever.

I just wish it would warm up so he can get back to mowing lawn. He needs something to distract him besides me, my alter ego, the TV and the dog. 

No comments: