Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Another Dream

I slept the sleep of the dead last night. It was incredible. At one point, I had a dream that woke me up, which is I suppose, the reason that I remember it. It was just bazaar in a way that only dreams can be. I also seemed to know that it was a dream while I was dreaming it. I am not sure how that works, but anyway, here it is.

I came home from work early. It was still daylight. There were no leaves on the trees, so I would assume it was winter or early spring. There was heavy equipment in the yard. Wood chippers, trucks with cherry pickers on the back as well as other heavy equipment that I could not identify. There were people operating all this stuff. Trees were being destroyed with no regard to where they were. It was what the warmers call deforestation. There were large holes all over where stumps had been pulled. It was a busy place. There was also machinery to fill and smooth the holes.

I asked Dad why they were there and he said that the trees were in his way. He could not see what was going on around him so he decided to have all the trees removed. Now if you've ever seen the place where Dad lives, you know there are a lot of trees. It adds a great deal of natural beauty to the place. I also know he loves those trees, so in the dream I began trying to stop the workers from the wanton destruction.

I could not get them to stop. I was running around from machine to machine yelling at them, trying to make them understand that Dad had Alzheimer's and he had made a bad decision in calling them, but they would not stop. At one point, one of the workers told me that they would stop when they were finished.

So I went back in the house. Dad was sitting in his usual spot in the sun room and for some reason, and this is really weird, there were like 15 people in the house, all under age 35 and they were smoking and drinking. It was like a party. Dad did not seem to notice them. I was telling them to get out, to hit the road, to take their party somewhere else and they were like, "Dude, who are you? We are not going anywhere."

So I called the police. I needed to get the tree people out of there  and evacuate the party people.

This is when I woke up.

So...does this mean anything or is it just random subconscious garbage surfacing? I do not know the answer.

It's true that Dad is getting stranger every day. Last night when I came home, the door from the garage into the house was locked. He never locks that door. When I asked him about it, he said he didn't know why it was locked. I have a key to it somewhere, but I could not find it so I had to go through the front door.

Then this morning I took him his medication container for the day. It was about 4 AM. It has three slots in it for three doses. Sometime he is awake at that time. Sometimes he is not. This morning he was asleep when I set them on his end table. Anyway, after I did that, I took a leak and went back to bed. When I got up at about 0700, he had taken all the medication in the container. Then he asked me where his pills for today were. When I told him he had already taken them, he insisted they were yesterdays. It is very hard to argue with a crippled mind. I did tell him before I left that there would be no more pills today. He was not happy about that, but I can't let him overdose, especially on the blood thinners. I do not know why he will not believe the things I tell him. Perhaps in his mind, I am still twelve years old. I do not know.

My life is so weird.  

No comments: